Shaving....?

Posted by Simon | 1:27:00 AM


i have many questions
1.is it better to shave in the shower or when your legs are dry
2.is it ok to use soap for shaving cream...if so what kind of soap?
3.if you use Nair will your hair grow back quickly and THICK?
4.is it ok to use "guy" razors
5.how long does it usually take before razors get dull?

Answer by kelly
SHOWER! you have to shave with saop and water.
there is shaving cream but some people prefer shaving cream..
idk about nair..
yeah, you can use some guy razors. like gillette.
uhhhh it depends.
i change my razor every month.

Answer by sarah
1. i shave in the shower. i get cuts and razor burn if i shave while dry
2. yes... really any kind
3. never used nair
4. yesss i love guy razors
5. a couple weeks

Answer by 13Miss14Help15You
In the shower or tub! Dry legs cause Cuts!\Use shaving cream. A thick one is better as it helps prevent cutting yourself.
Do not use hair removers unless you know its ok on you. It gave me red dots on my legs that took ages to go.
Guy razors are supposed to be better than womens, they are supposed to shave better but I hve never tried it!
You can use a razor about 7 times depending on the type of razor. Look on the back of the package and it might tell you.
Hope I helped!

Answer by sure222
1. shower is much better- less nicks
2.soap is better- actually dove body wash
3.DO NOT USE NAIR IT SUCKS. it makes your skin all red and doesnt even last that long. veet is worse
4.i just use a womens venus. its just a 'strong'
5. maybe a week. the best way to judge it is when the aloe strip on your razor fades and is gone
good luck

Answer by irishkittie79
1. always shave in the shower/bath, do not shave with dry legs, you'll get razor burn from the friction if your legs aren't wet.
2. use shaving cream or conditioner - in a pinch you could use soap, but it's not the best option.
3. with Nair, you leg hair will grow back the same as with shaving (my experience), but not any thicker - for me it's not worth it to use and takes too much time to get rid of the hair.
4. "guy" razors or girl razors, it really doesn't matter, I would recommend a razor with safety wires, it'll help reduce nicks and cuts, but shaves just as well
5. Depending on how often you shave, it really should be replaced every couple weeks, I usually replace it about once a month or so, longer in winter when I don't shave my legs very often.

Answer by carole p
1/ Always wet
2/ Soap is fine...Moisturising soap would be best
3/ No...grows back fine and lasts pretty long
4/ Same thing - different colours really
5/ About every month...but you will be able to tell when they are getting blunt as they don't do such a good job

Hope this helps...and enjoy being silky smooth!!!

Answer by łа ряıиŋċєѕа
1. You shouldn't shave your legs when they're dry. That will, at the least, severe razor burn and will most likely give you horrible cuts.
2. It's way better to use shaving cream or just water than soap - if you nick yourself and the soap gets in it, it will sting. If you don't like the feel of shaving cream but want the extra moisture, try Skin Milk Shaving Milk.
3. Nair usually lasts longer than shaving, and will not grow in any thicker than shaving with a razor would cause. Beware though, Nair can cause some irritation if you very sensitive skin. If you want to actually thin the hair, depending on your age, you should consider waxing.
4. Yes, it is okay to use men's razors like Gilette and Mach. I find Venus to be the best and most moisturizing, though.
5. You should probably replace the razor every 10-20 uses depending on the quality of the razor.


♥Tiffany

Answer by Tobes
1. Definately shave in the shower or bath. Dry shaving irritates the skin alot, it may become red, sore or itchy, you could get a nasty rash and you're at more risk of cutting yourself. If you don't have time for a shower or bath, sit on the edge of the bath and use the shower head to wet your legs. I've done this a few times when I'm getting ready to go out and realise I forgot to shave my legs, lol!

2. Soap works well, I usually use shower gel or body wash. Something moisturizing is good. It helps lubricates the blade so it glides more easily over the skin, resulting in a closer shave, less irritation and less chance of cutting yourself.

3. If you use Nair hair removal products, your hair will grow back a little more slowly than if you shaved and no, it won't grow back thick (unless of course you have thick hair to begin with).

4. Yes, it's OK to use guys razors. They're the same thing. The only difference, really, is the design/color.

5. The length of time it takes before your razor gets dull depends on how often you shave, the thickness/coarseness of your hair and how you store it. Make sure you keep it somewhere the blades are not going to remain wet after use, this reduces the life of a razor blade. You'll know when it starts to get dull because it won't give you as close a shave.

Answer by Chelsea
1)the awnser is by far shave when you're legs are wet. Dry shaving is never good. It cuts skin easier, doesn't shave as closly and causes razor burn.

2)soap is fine. Any kind will work. There are some body washes [one i have that's just a random brand from walmart] that says "replace for you're everyday shaving gel" When I'm out of gel/cream and don't have a lot of time I actually use foam hand soap [sounds weird but just for a quick touch up or if i'm wearing capris it works.]

3)I use nair. Actually no it doesn't. For me it's just like the commertials, the hair grows back lighter. When you use nair it [i don't really know what it does techincly] dissolves the hair folical somewhat so that it comes back softer and less noticable [like when you first get hair on you're legs] instead of comming back thick and noticable when you shave [because you are just cutting it shorter, not really dissolving it you know?]

4) It's probably not as good as a girls razor. Guy razors are more for facial and girls are more for legs/underarms so i'm sure there's a slight difference in how they are built.

5) Um.. ahh I read an exact date. I can't remember. I think it's every few weeks? I read it a long time ago but I have no clue where I would find the awnser now.

Answer by Tasha555
Shower
Shaving cream
I can't use Nair i must be allergic to something in it.
Yep i use Bic with the white strip
Use disposable you will be able to tell when it need thrown out.


Add your own answer in the comments!

Orignal From: Shaving....?

0 comments